Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bully, 17

The movie Bully was a very emotional and eye opening movie for me.  In only the twenty minutes we watched in class, I was emotionally attached to these victimized children and families.  It is hard for people to understand what these children go through; however, I think this documentary helped me truly realize the daily life of a child being bullied.  I have seen a fight or two in high school, but never experienced the bullying that was shown in this movie.  Whether it was not happening or I just did not know, I am now more aware of how many students really are victimized.

I found this documentary to be very inspiring, and think that all children should be shown this movie.  I think schools could dedicate a month or week to address the issues and awareness of bullying.  Schools could have a speaker come in, in which they show a few clips of this movie.  I think that most students could benefit from this movie.  Also, promoting diversity and celebrating differences in the classroom can also help prevent bullying.  I think, as a future educator, it is important to teach students about diversity and the importance of being unique in culture, background, race, or ethnicity.  Students should feel comfortable being themselves, and should not have to worry about fitting in.  Although, bullying may never fully be stopped, there are several small things that teachers and parents can do to help prevent bullying.

No comments:

Post a Comment