Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Five essentials to create connected students,15

Vicki Davis writes this article to express the need of connecting to the world through technology.  She claims it is a life skill that all children should be learning in school. Teaching them to find their voice and ultimately find themselves is of high importantance. Vicki also places value in discipline. Students need to know and understand how to put down their phones when necessary. 
After reading the first paragraph to this article I was very frustrated. Technology today is the center of most peoples lives. Teens can barely last one class period without looking at their phones or checking Facebook. However, as I kept reading, I liked how Vicki did mention how important it is for students to have a well rounded life. I also agree with her. I think connecting is important in this day  and age, yet being able to discipline yourself is even more important and much harder. Technology and phones are a huge temptation for not only students but for teachers and parents as well. It makes procrastination much easier for everyone, which is why I think discipline is so vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment